Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cisco ASDM: Unconnected sockets not implemented

Yesterday, I was trying to use GNS3 to simulate PIX firewall and configure VPN connect in a vmware virtual machine (Windows XP). The version I was using is pix802.bin and asdm-603.bin. After everything is settled, I started the ASDM, and I got this error:

“ASDM is unable to continue loading, Click OK to exit from ASDM.

Unconnected sockets not implemented”


It is weird, because I did the same settings before (in the same virtual machine), and it was no problem at all, what cause this problem? The only thing I did to this virtual machine was I just upgrade the Java version to “Java™ 6 Update 11”, I begun to doubt the incompatible of new Java and ASDM, so I just uninstalled “Java 6 Update 11”, and installed the old “Java 6 Update 7” (the version I used before), and it works. I finally got the ASDM management interface.

 

Here’s what I’ve done:

1.       Go to http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u7/index.html and download “Java SE 6 Update 7”

2.       Uninstall “Java 6 Update 11”.

3.       Install jre-6u7-windows-i586-p.exe

4.       Open “Control panel”-> “Java”, tab “Update”, uncheck “check for updates automatically”




5.       Now you should be able to run ASDM

No comments:

Post a Comment